The German Regional Railroads had a large variety of tenders that were pulled by locomotives of the Baureihe 01 - 59.
These tenders were divided and distinguishable by:
1. The number and position of axles
2. Coal and/or oil capacity
3. Water capacity
Countless different types of Länderbahn Tenders existed until around 1925 when the multi-use Einheitstender 2'2' T 34 was developed.
Without a doubt the Einheitstender 2'2' T 34 became the most famous of its era. For more information, check out my Library.
I created a small booklet with pictures of tenders that Märklin, Fleischmann and Brawa manufactured over the years. Just click on the picture below!
* Class 01 ~ 12 are Schnellzuglokomotiven der Einheitsbauart
* Class 13 ~ 19 are Schnellzuglokomotiven der Länderbahnbauart
* Class 23 ~ 24 are Personenzuglokomotiven der Einheitsbauart
* Class 31 ~ 39 are Personenzuglokomotiven der Länderbahnbauart
* Class 41 ~ 52 are Güterzuglokomotiven der Einheitsbauart
* Class 53 ~ 59 are Güterzuglokomotiven der Länderbahnbauart